The Dropbox Desktop Sync app allows you to access your Dropbox folders directly from your desktop File Explorer. This enables users to open files in native Excel and save changes directly instead of downloading and uploading files through the web version of Dropbox. FloQast strongly encourages all users to utilize the desktop sync app for the best user experience!
Install the desktop sync app:
Dropbox's desktop sync app is called Dropbox Desktop app. If you do not already have Dropbox app installed, please have your IT department download and install the Dropbox app here.
Once you have the app installed, follow the steps below to begin syncing your folders.
1. Launch and sign into the Dropbox desktop sync app on your computer
2. By default, all of your Dropbox folders should be synced to your Desktop via the app:
3. Select which folders to sync/unsync if necessary
If you have many folders on Dropbox and you do not want to sync all of them, you may use Dropbox's "Selective Sync" function. This will allow you to sync the FloQast folder and other relevant folders to your desktop, but leave certain other folders as "web only." They will still be fully accessible from the web version of Dropbox, but will not take up any space on your local desktop.
Changes you make to the files in these folders will be pushed to the web version of DropBox by your desktop sync app. The web version of DropBox is the "source of truth" and is the set of folders that FloQast is connected to. Your local copy of these folders should be a perfect copy of the web version as long as your desktop sync app is running.
Keep in mind:
- Even though these folders appear on your desktop, these are shared folders. Changes you make to these folders impact everyone that is sharing them. Please do not move or delete any folders.
- Your desktop sync app may take some time to push your changes to the web version of DropBox. Usually these changes are fairly instantaneous, but you may observe a slight lag. For issues with your desktop sync app, please see this link.