You will need to share the 'FloQast' folders with your Accounting and Finance teammates that will be collaborating on the files within.
FloQast has integrations with both of Google’s Cloud Storage products: MyDrive and Shared Drive. Your organization will be integrated with either Google Shared Drive or Google MyDrive. The article below will show how to share the FloQast folders in both products- please ensure you follow the steps for the one your organization is using for FloQast.
In Google MyDrive, you may choose to share the entire FloQast folder or only the applicable FQ - Entity folders. Please consult with your team regarding entity access. Keep in mind that Google MyDrive permissions waterfall to all subfolders, so sharing the entire 'FloQast' folder will give access to all of your FQ - Entity folders beneath. Some team members may require access to all folders, while others may only need certain entities.
- Login as Google account that completed the initial setup and locate the FloQast folder under “My Drive” on the top left.
2. Right click on the FloQast folder and select “Share”. This will pop open a window that allows you to choose who to share the folder with by entering in their name/email address. By default, they will receive “Can organize, add, & edit” access (depicted by pencil icon). You may optionally change this to “can view only” (eyeball icon) if they should only view files.
3. After you have shared the FloQast folder with your users, it will appear under the“Shared with me” section of MyDrive for that individual user.
In Google Shared Drive, your are able to give access to the top-level Shared Drive itself. You may not create unique sharing permissions underneath (i.e. you cannot share only a particular FQ - Entity folder that resides in a Shared Drive)
- From the web version of Google Shared Drives, right click on the FloQast folder and choose ‘Add members’
- Select the users you want to have access to the FloQast folder (we recommend Content manager access).
If your new user would like to sync the FloQast folders to their desktop (rather than using the web version of Google Drive), please view our Google Drive Desktop Sync guide here.