Note: If you prefer to watch a video on this topic, please visit our FloQademy FAQ course!
The Microsoft OneDrive Desktop app allows you to access your OneDrive folders directly from your desktop File Explorer. This enables users to open files in native Excel and save changes directly instead of downloading and uploading files through the web version of OneDrive. FloQast strongly encourages all users to utilize the desktop sync app for the best user experience!
Install the desktop sync app: If you are using Windows 10, your computer already has the OneDrive app installed. If you are not using Windows 10 or believe you need this app installed on your machine, please request this installation from your IT administrators.
To begin syncing your OneDrive folders to your desktop:
1. Navigate to the web version of OneDrive at OneDrive.live.com and click on the Shared tab. If the FloQast folder (or applicable FQ - Entity folders) have been shared with you, then they will appear under the "Shared with you" tab.
2. Select the FloQast folder and click into it.
3. Click the Sync button in the ribbon.
4. Click on 'Open Microsoft OneDrive' to launch the desktop sync app. If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter your credentials. These should be your O365 business credentials (the same credentials you logged into the web version of OneDriv with).
5. After you have successfully signed into the desktop sync app, a new synced directory should appear in your Windows File Explorer. It should be named: Owner of the folder - FloQast. See the screenshot below where 'FloQast Sandboxtesting' is the owner and 'FloQast' is the folder name.
6. The FloQast folder will now be accessible for you to edit files directly from your desktop.
Changes you make to the files in these folders will be pushed to the web version of OneDrive by your desktop sync app. The web version of OneDrive is the "source of truth" and is the set of folders FloQast is connected to. Your local copy of these folders should be a perfect copy of the web version as long as your desktop sync app is running.
Keep in mind:
- Even though these folders appear on your desktop, these are shared folders. Changes you make to these folders impact everyone who is sharing them. Please do not move or delete any folders.
- Your desktop sync app may take some time to push your changes to the web version of OneDrive. Usually, these changes are fairly instantaneous, but you may observe a slight lag. For issues with your desktop sync app, please see this article.