Note: If you prefer to watch a video on this topic, please visit our FloQademy FAQ course!
The Box Desktop Sync app allows you to access your Box folders directly from your desktop File Explorer. This enables users to open files in native Excel and save changes directly instead of downloading and uploading files through the web version of Box. FloQast strongly encourages all users to utilize the desktop sync app for the best user experience!
Install the desktop sync app:
Box's desktop sync app is called Box Drive. If you do not already have Box Drive installed, please have your IT department download and install the Box Drive app here.
Once you have the app installed, follow the steps below to begin syncing your folders.
1. Sign in to the web version of Box.com
2. Locate the FloQast folders that have been shared with you.
3. Click the three horizontal dots next to the FloQast folder, then select More Actions, then Sync:
4. If you are not already signed in to your Box Drive app, you will be prompted to sign in:
5. Your FloQast Folder is now accessible through File Explorer via a new Box Drive, as pictured below:
Changes you make to the files in these folders will be pushed to the web version of Box by your desktop sync app. The web version of Box is the "source of truth" and is the set of folders that FloQast is connected to. Your local copy of these folders should be a perfect copy of the web version as long as your desktop sync app is running.
Keep in mind:
- Even though these folders appear on your desktop, these are shared folders. Changes you make to these folders impact everyone that is sharing them. Please do not move or delete any folders.
- Your desktop sync app may take some time to push your changes to the web version of Box. Usually, these changes are fairly instantaneous, but you may observe a slight lag. For issues with your desktop sync app, please see this link.