How to Install the FloQast app for Microsoft Teams
(Note: If you prefer to watch a video on this topic, please visit our FloQademy FAQ course!)
Connecting FloQast to Teams
1. The first step is to login to FloQast. Click your Username Icon in the top right and select Profile. Click the Notifications tab. Then, next to the Slack icon, click Connect.
2. FloQast will display a pop up for you to confirm you'd like to connect.
3. This will open a new tab asking to redirect you to Microsoft Teams. Click Open Microsoft Teams.
4. You will then be greeted with a screen in Teams asking you to add the FloQast application to Microsoft Teams. Click Add.
5. This will open up a chat with the FloQast App. The last step to finalize connection, is to now connect your Teams app to your FloQast account. Click Connect Your FloQast Account.
6. This will bring you back to FloQast in a new tab. If you navigate back to the Notification page of your profile, you'll see that the Teams integration is now showing as Connected.
7. To finalize your setup, you will want to select which notifications you receive in Teams. Navigate to FloQast and open your User Settings by clicking on your Avatar/Initials in the upper right-hand corner and selecting Notifications.
"I'm not able to add the FloQast app to Teams."
What To Do: Reach out to your IT Admin
You internal IT administration may restrict who can add applications to the Teams environment. Reach out to them to have the FloQast app added to your Teams environment.
Questions During Connection?
"I’ve Installed the App in MS Teams. How Do I Connect It to FloQast?"
Follow these steps in MS Teams, in the FloQast thread:
- Click on the CONNECT YOUR FLOQAST ACCOUNT button (this button is automatically displayed upon installing the FloQast app)
- This will send you to the Floqast.app or eu.floqast.app web login page.
- Enter your credentials to log into FloQast.
- Once you’re successfully logged in, Teams will detect this login and establish the connection immediately (and send you a confirmation message)
If your company uses Single Sign-On authentication, then when directed to the Floqast.app login page, simply use your SSO login process as normal - the Teams app is “listening” for a successful login, regardless of whether you do this manually or via SSO.
"How Do I Know If I’m Connected?"
Upon successfully connecting to a valid FloQast user account, you should receive a confirmation message from the FloQast Bot in Microsoft Teams
"How Do I Select Which Notifications I Want to Receive?"
Once the Teams app is connected to your FloQast account, the option to manually configure MS Teams Notifications becomes available in your Notifications Settings located on your Profile Settings page.
As a reminder, you can get to this page by clicking on your avatar at the top-right corner of any page in FloQast. Or you can just click here https://www.floqast.app/settings/user
"How can I reach out for help?"
- Installation or Connection issues? Email us! email@example.com
- Need to explore the app’s functionality? Inside MS Teams, in the FloQast app’s message thread or channel, type “help” into the chat bar.
"What notifications are available?"
Below are the notifications currently available for Microsoft Teams
Core App Messages
- Daily/Weekly Close Progress
- Review Notes
- Recs Out of Balance
- Late Items
- Item Ready For Review
- Followed Items
- Signoff Reminder
Variance Analysis Messages
- Newly-Material Fluctuations
- Material Variance Amount Changes
- Variance Item is Ready For Review
- Variance Report is Ready For Review
- Variance Items Due Soon (this week)
- Late Variance Items
"What commands does the FQ bot know in MS Teams chat?"
The FloQast Bot understands three simple commands that will display your assigned FloQast items that are either due today, due tomorrow, or even past due for any workflow across the last, current, and next periods