Microsoft Teams Integration (Quick Start Guide)
How to find, download, and install the FloQast app in Microsoft Teams
INSTALLING THE FLOQAST APP
- Navigate to the floqast.app website and log into your FloQast account
- Next, open your Microsoft Teams app (desktop or web app)
- Two Methods (Can choose either method below)
- Method 1: Click the Apps icon (bottom of left pane) in Teams and type “FloQast” in the Search Bar
- Method 2: Please click here to access the FloQast App directly in the Microsoft Teams Store
- Click the FloQast icon, and then Click the “Add” Button
- After successful Installation you will receive a Welcome Message from the FloQast Bot
- Click the “Connect Your FloQast Account” button
- This will open link to the Floqast.app home page. If you get the login screen, then please enter your FloQast credentials to log in.
- Once you are successfully logged into FloQast, you should receive a message in Teams notifying you of a successful connection!
I Don’t See the “Apps Icon” in Microsoft Teams?
If the Apps icon is not visible, it’s likely because your organization’s IT administrator has it hidden.
What To Do: Reach out to your IT Admin
Your IT administrator can enable this access for your organization. Another option they may pursue is remote installing the FloQast app for you.
I Searched for the FloQast app in the App Store but I Can’t Find It?
If you run a search and get zero search results for the FloQast app, then follow these steps:
- Completely sign out of your Teams account
- Quit/shut down the Teams app.
- Sign into Teams again
- Click on the Apps icon and search for “FloQast” in the
The FloQast app should be listed as the only search result. If it STILL does not come up in the search, it’s likely that the app may be blocked by your IT Administrator. Please reach out to your IT Admin
CONNECTING TO FLOQAST
I’ve Installed the App in MS Teams. How Do I Connect It to FloQast?
Follow these steps in MS Teams, in the FloQast thread:
- Click on the CONNECT YOUR FLOQAST ACCOUNT button (this button is automatically displayed upon installing the FloQast app)
- This will send you to the Floqast.app web login page.
- Enter your credentials to log into FloQast.
- Once you’re successfully logged in, Teams will detect this login and establish the connection immediately (and send you a confirmation message)
If your company uses Single Sign-On authentication, then when directed to the Floqast.app login page, simply use your SSO login process as normal - the Teams app is “listening” for a successful login, regardless of whether you do this manually or via SSO.
How Do I Know If I’m Connected?
Upon successfully connecting to a valid Floqast user account, you should receive a confirmation message from the FloQast Bot in Microsoft Teams
MANAGING NOTIFICATIONS SETTINGS
How Do I Select Which Notifications I Want to Receive?
Once the Teams app is connected to your FloQast account, the option to manually configure MS Teams Notifications becomes available in your Notifications Settings located on your Profile Settings page.
As a reminder, you can get to this page by clicking on your avatar at the top-right corner of any page in FloQast. Or you can just click here https://www.floqast.app/settings/user
Two Ways To Get Help:
- Installation or Connection issues? Email us! MSTeams@floqast.com
- Need to explore the app’s functionality? Inside MS Teams, in the FloQast app’s message thread or channel, type “help” into the chat bar.
MS TEAMS NOTIFICATIONS
Below are the notifications currently available for Microsoft Teams (as of August 2021)
Core App Messages
- Daily/Weekly Close Progress
- Review Notes
- Recs Out of Balance
- Late Items
- Item Ready For Review
- Followed Items
- Signoff Reminder
Flux Analysis Messages
- Newly-Material Fluctuations
- Material Flux Amount Changes
- Flux Item is Ready For Review
- Flux Report is Ready For Review
- Flux Items Due Soon (this week)
- Late Flux Items
The FloQast Bot understands three simple commands that will display your assigned FloQast items that are either due today, due tomorrow, or even past due for any workflow across the last, current, and next periods