What is Bulk Reassignment?
How do I use Bulk Reassignment?
The Bulk Reassignment button is available on the Checklist and Reconciliations tabs within FloQast. Since this is an Administrative feature, the following roles will have access: Manager and Admin
To begin using Bulk Reassignment:
1. Navigate to the Checklist or the Reconciliation tab, depending on which kind of task you want to reassign
2. Select either the All Entities view or a specific entity (if you'd only like to reassign items within a specific entity)
3. Toggle to the month that you'd like to begin reassigning tasks. In step 11 you will have the choice to apply to this month only, or to this month plus all future periods.
4. Select the "Bulk Reassign" button
5. The UI will change to include checkboxes next to each item, or a "select all" checkbox at the very top
6. You may begin selecting items from the unfiltered view (e.g. all 677 items visible above). However, we strongly encourage that you utilize our filtering capabilities! For example, let's say you want to reassign all of Adam's checklist items to Gaurav. You can filter for Adam in the "Assigned To" dropdown.
7. Now that your filtered view is complete (for example, only Adam's 512 assignments are visible) you can click the Select All checkbox.
8. The total number of items selected will be previewed, and you can click "Get Started"
9. A "Change User" module will appear, and you can select the user that you'd like to Transfer Items from
10. You can also select the user that you'd like to Transfer Items to
11. You will have the option to apply to this period and going forward (i.e. permanent change) or this period only (useful for maternity and paternity leave, other PTO, etc.)
12. Click "Save" to move along to the confirmation screen
13. You will be presented with a preview screen. You can confirm the accuracy of the total number of checklist/reconciliations that will be reassigned from Person A to Person B, along with the start period and future periods (if applicable). If everything looks good, click "Apply" to begin the process.
14. At this point, FloQast will begin making all the assignment changes on the backend and you will see a loading screen. If the assignment change completes in under 15 seconds, you will see a success screen in the app. If the change takes longer than 15 seconds, then we will return you to the FloQast app so you may continue working while the changes process.
15. In both cases, an email is sent to the Admin/Manager that initiated the changes. The body of the email will contain a summary of the changes.
16. There will also be a "Download" option which will export an Excel attachment with a full audit report of items that were successfully updated. It will also include a list of items that did NOT update and the reason why the change could not be processed.
What are some possible reasons that the assignment update would FAIL for a particular item?
- The item was already signed-off. The assignee will NOT be updated if the original assignee has already completed their sign-off for a particular month. This historical data will be preserved. Future months (with incomplete signatures) will be updated to the new assignee.
- The item doesn't exist in a future month. If you selected "this period and forward" but the item does not exist in your future months (i.e. it has been removed entirely from your settings) then updates will only occur in months where the item appears. The item will not be added back to future months.
- The new user is already an assignee on an item. If you try to reassign from Person A to Person B, but Person B is already listed as a preparer/reviewer on that item, Person B cannot be added twice to the same item.
- The new user doesn't have access to a particular entity. You will actually get a preview of this error before even proceeding with your updates. In the example below, we are trying to reassign tasks from Adam to Gaurav. These items span two FloQast entities: FloQast Corporate and FQ United Kingdom. Adam has access to both of these entities, but Gaurav does NOT have access to FQ United Kingdom. Therefore, any checklist items in this entity would fail to reassign to Gaurav unless we first grant access to this entity. There is a shortcut to the Admin Settings > Team Members page that can be clicked. This will open the Team Members page in a new tab (so your progress is not lost on the current tab). After adding the user to the appropriate entities, you can return to this screen and proceed with your updates.