Admins and Managers can update the Checklist for a single entity or “All Entities” by navigating to the Checklist Settings Page. Access the Checklist Settings page by clicking the ellipsis and selecting “Settings” from the drop-down on the Checklist page or by clicking the gear symbol on the top right of the navigation banner.
Admins and Managers can add new, recurring Checklist Items by clicking +Add at the top or bottom of the page.
Select the Entity and Folder you wish to add a task to. Choose the Checklist Item’s frequency: “Weekly,” “Every 2 weeks,” “Monthly,” “Quarterly,” “Annually,” or “Custom” under Frequency. For “Every 2 weeks,” select a Start Date from the drop-down or use "start: XX/XX/XXXX" in the Deadline column of the Checklist Template, following the regional date format set in the Calendar Settings for that entity.
If you would like to delete a Checklist item, you can also do so by navigating to the Manage Checklist tab and simply clicking the trash can icon next to the respective item.
You can also set certain Checklist items to appear Weekly, Every 2 weeks, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually, Weekly, or on a custom schedule under Frequency. If you choose Every 2 weeks, you will be prompted to select a start date, which is the first day you would like the item to be due. If you populate the start date via the Checklist Template, you should put "start: XX/XX/XXXX" in the deadline column, and the date should be in the format selected as the Regional Date format in the calendar settings for that entity.
Export and revise Checklist Items for a single entity or “All Entities” simultaneously. Select the entity or “All Entities” in the drop-down. Click "Export Template" to download the Excel template. Upload any changes made by clicking "Upload Template." At this time, the ability to edit the template for All Entities is in beta testing. Please reach out to your ASM or Support@floqast.com to learn more about participating in the beta.
Important considerations when making changes to your template:
- Do not edit/remove Internal IDs, as they track Checklist Item analytics across periods.
- Do not add/remove columns or headers in the template. Leave cells blank if a column is not relevant to your Checklist.
- FQ Folder, Description, and Frequency are mandatory in the single entity template. Entity Name (ID), FQ Folder, Description, and Frequency are mandatory in the “All Entities” template.
- The “All Entities” template includes Checklists for accessible entities and excludes those without existing tasks. If an entity is missing, contact your Administrator to ensure access in the Team Members Tab on the Admin Settings Page.
- To add a new Checklist Item, fill in the appropriate columns and leave the Internal ID column blank. The system will assign an ID automatically. Ensure the format matches existing items (e.g., assignees in email form, due dates in business date format, etc.).
- To delete an existing Checklist Item, delete the entire row in the file.
- When re-uploading, include the entire template, including unchanged items, without filters. Deleting a row removes the item from FloQast, so upload the full list to retain all items.
- Export the file to .xlsx format and re-upload it as .xlsx to avoid inadvertent errors caused by uploading a .csv file.
The original template copy you download and upload is automatically saved in your storage provider. The Checklist Template folder stores these versions for review or rollback if needed. If you wish to keep the All Entities template with all entities in one file, save it locally for future reference, as each entity's template will be archived separately.
Explore FloQast's Best Practice Checklists available to all customers for tracking non-close processes like FP&A, Compliance, Reporting, Payroll Processing, and Operations. Check them out here!