FloQast offers many different ways to customize your view on the Checklist Tab. The first is you can choose to view your Checklist Items by Period or by Due Date. If you choose to view by Period, you can select the accounting period(s) you would like to see, and that period's items will populate.
If you choose to view by Due Date, you can select a range of dates and all items due in that range will populate, regardless of the period they are in. Additionally, there are quick date filters you can apply such as Last 12 Months, Today, Next 7 Days, Next 14 Days, and Next 30 Days.
Another way is through robust filters and sorting that allow users to understand what items they should perform next and increase visibility into the status of specific items in the close. Sorting and filters give users even greater flexibility and creativity when it comes to sorting through their data. With the help of FloQast filters, you can answer questions such as:
- What are all of my open items?
- What items are ready for me to review?
- What tasks are still incomplete in Accounts Payable across all of my entities?
- Is John finished with all of his tasks yet for the July close?
- How many high-risk items are late?
- Jane is out on vacation this week- does she still have any open items that should be re-assigned?
- And many more!
Note: These filters are available on the Checklist Tab, the Reconciliations Tab, and the Close The Books tab within the Checklist and Reconciliations sections, respectively. The article below covers Checklist Filtering; click here to view Reconciliation Filtering.
There are three ways to filter your Checklist items. These methods can be used individually or in conjunction with one another, and each one will be detailed below:
- Search Bar
- Dropdown Menus
- Quick Filters
Keywords entered into the search bar will return Checklist Tasks that contain the search query (or similar keywords) in the task description. Searching for a user's name or a folder name is not supported in the search bar since this functionality exists in the Dropdown Menu section, detailed below.
Dropdown menus exist for the following attributes: Assigned To, Folders, Status, and Tags
Assigned to: A list of all FloQast users will appear. Choosing one or more users will return items that the user is assigned to (either as a preparer or reviewer) within the selected period. "You" will be pinned to the top of the list, followed by active users in alphabetical order, then deactivated users in alphabetical order.
Folder: A list of all folders in a given entity (or across all entities if the All Entities view is selected) will be presented. Choosing one or more folders will return items within those process folders.
FQ Tip: While you can always see your tasks organized by process folder on the Close The Books tab, this filter makes it possible for you to search through items that are in the same folder across multiple entities. If you would like to rename any folders to standardize the names across your entities, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Status: There are four status options, and you may select one of them at a time. They are:
- To Be Prepared: all items that have one or more open preparer sign-offs
- Ready For Review: all items that have all preparer sign-offs completed, and have one or more open reviewer sign-offs
- Incomplete: all items that have one or more open sign-offs (either preparer OR reviewer)
- Complete: all items that have all sign-offs fully completed
Tags: A list of tags will appear, and your tags will consist of the pre-populated options plus any custom tags that you have added. You may choose one or more tags, and items that have been tagged as such within a given period will be returned. You may also choose the "Untagged" option to see all items that have zero tags associated.
We have identified some of the most popular views, and they are available via a single click by using Quick Filters! The quick, pre-populated filters include:
Assigned to You: Items that are assigned to you, either as a preparer or a reviewer.
Your Open Items: Formerly known as "What Should I Do Next?" Items that are assigned to you and are incomplete, sorted in order of due date (with late items appearing first).
Ready for Your Review: Items you are a reviewer on, and all preparers have completed their preparer sign-offs. These items are ready for you to provide your reviewer sign-off.
Following: Items you have followed using our Follow An Item feature.
Due Today: Items with a due-date of the current day.
Late: Items with one or more sign-offs that are past-due.
In addition to filtering, you can also sort the items on the Checklist Tab by column. By clicking the arrow next to a column you can sort alphabetically by the Checklist Description, and if clicked into a specific entity you can also sort by Folder. Additionally, you can sort by the due date as well. Combining this with various filters gives you total control of how items display on your Checklist.
Nearly Endless Possibilities
Since the search bar, dropdown menus, and quick filters can be combined, there are nearly countless ways you can filter your data to arrive at the exact view you are looking for!
Anytime you have filters applied, the FloQast UI will display a couple of indicators to you:
- The number of results / the total number of checklist items
- The filters applied, separated by commas
The "Showing X/Y Being Filtered By:" line will be visible even if you have the Filter section collapsed, ensuring that you always know exactly how your results are being filtered.
FloQast was built by former accountants, so we love hot keys as much as you do! You can navigate through the Dropdown Menu filters and rely on hot keys to make your selections:
- Up/Down arrows to navigate up or down the lists
- Space bar to select/unselect an item
- Tab to go to next Dropdown Menu
- No need to hit Enter- the results will populate in real-time with each selection
Notes and Tips/Tricks:
1. You can quickly reset your entire search/filter query using either of the Reset buttons:
2. When you have one or more items selected from a Dropdown Menu, they will be pinned to the top of the list. Instead of clearing your entire filter selection, you can clear just the single Dropdown Menu selection using the "Clear" button.
3. Each of the Dropdown Menu filters is searchable via text to quickly narrow your results:
4. Keep in mind that the Export function will respect the filters you have applied. If you export your data to Excel or PDF, the results will match the tasks that were present in the FloQast UI.
5. Certain filters will be "grayed out" if you have already selected other filters. This is just to ensure you never select conflicting filters that would combine to zero results. For example, you cannot select "Status: Complete" and "Quick Filter: Your Open Items" since one returns only completed items, and the other returns only incomplete items.
6. For your convenience, FloQast will always remember the filters that you have selected. You may leave the page or even log out of the application, and your filters should be cached and displayed to you again next time you access the Checklist tab.