Note: If you prefer to watch a video on this topic, please visit our FloQademy FAQ course!
The following article will guide you through the necessary steps to integrate FloQast into your Slack environment. Please click here if you'd like to learn more about the features and benefits of this integration.
1. We have made this integration available for our US and EU customers:
For US Datacenter customers, please click this link to begin the Slack Installation.
For EU Datacenter customers, please click this link to begin the Slack Installation.
If you are unsure which FloQast data center your company uses, please reach out to your FloQast Admin or your FloQast ASM for direction.
2. You will be redirected to the Slack authentication flow and be asked to Allow the necessary permissions:
NOTE: You may be met with the following screen if your company Slack settings require Admins (App Managers) to approve all workspace apps. You may optionally add a message and then submit your request to your internal Slack Admins. Once approved for your workspace, you may resume the steps in this guide. This one-time approval process is for your entire workspace, so all future users should be allowed to complete the authentication individually without this additional request.
3. You will now be redirected to the FloQast login screen. Please enter your regular FloQast email and password (or click the Login with SSO button if applicable to you) to connect this FloQast account with your Slack.
Note: If you are already signed into FloQast in your browser, your credentials will automatically be captured. You will not be required to enter your login information again.
4. Upon successfully entering your FloQast credentials, you will be redirected back to your Slack desktop application.
5. You should land in a "conversation" with the FloQast app if you have the Slack desktop app running. If you click away from FloQast (to any conversation or channel) and then navigate back to FloQast (either under your Apps or Recent Apps section), then you will be greeted with a welcome message that describes some of the features and commands available to you.
6. To finalize your setup, you will want to select which notifications you receive in Slack. You can either click the "Manage Notifications" button from the screenshot above or navigate directly to FloQast and open your User Settings by clicking on your Avatar/Initials in the upper right-hand corner.
You will have equivalent notification options for both Email and Slack. You may mix and match these settings to receive alerts via one or the other, both, or neither.