Settings make it easier to upload your files in their current format and customize the display to reflect your data!
When you open the AutoRec module, you will see a tab for "Settings" here:
This Settings page will allow you to:
- Select the type of account you are reconciling.
- Change the titles of the transaction files you are reconciling.
- Tell FloQast which columns and rows to use in your files.
- Change the +/- sign of the transactions from your source files.
- Select options to tailor the matches FloQast will make for you and you are able to make manually.
You can update the default titles of your files (General Ledger and Account Number/Name) to best suit your uploads. To do this, simply type the new name into the boxes highlighted below.
The titles will change throughout the AutoRec module.
You can also specify which columns/rows that FloQast should use for reconciling.
- The default columns are:
- Column A: Date
- Column B: Ref1
- Column C: Ref2
- Column D: Amount; or
- Column E: Debit
- Column F: Credit
- And you can specify which row your transactions start in, in your files (our default row is 2).
- If your file uses a debit and credit column to display amounts, then select the More Options button to map those respective columns.
This allows you to upload your files as they are, rather than modifying them to meet our default format, and can be customized to each source if your two exports are in different formats.
Note if you select a Debit and Credit column, FloQast will calculate the ending balance assuming Debits minus Credits in order to get the appropriate positive or negative value displayed.
- If one of your sources has the amounts in the opposite sign to the other source, you can flip the +/- sign on one or both of your files by checking the box next to Primary Source and/or Secondary Source:
Last but not least is our Match Options section. Here you can adjust three settings:
- Use Exact Ref 1 Matches Only - Turning on this setting will make it so FloQast will only make matches if the Ref 1 Values are exactly the same in your two files.
- Ignore Zero Tie Out Matches -Turning on this setting will stop FloQast from making any matches within one of your files, leading to FloQast only matching between your files.
- Match Thresholds - This allows you to set a percentage or amount threshold for your Reconciliations. This will stop both FloQast and your Users from making matches outside of this threshold. The engine's threshold is automatically set to 0, so adding a threshold will actually expand the matches the engine can make.