YOUR NEW WORKFLOW DASHBOARD IS AVAILABLE NOW!
(November 14, 2022): We are excited to announce that the redesigned FloQast Workflow Dashboard is now available to all customers! The article below provides all the details about the redesigned experience. To learn how to get the most out of the new insights, check out the self-paced Dashboard training in FloQademy.
The Single Workflow Dashboard (SWD) sits one layer below the All Workflows Dashboard, and offers all FloQast Users a variety of insightful metrics and indicators of the current progress within a single workflow, for a single period.
In addition, this Single Workflow Dashboard (SWD) features a new design along with a Timeline View that is seen from the All Workflows Dashboard, allowing the same daily visibility of tasks as before, that can be viewed by Entity, Folder, or Team Member. This Timeline View allows team members to visualize their to-do list and better plan how every task gets completed.
This Single Workflow Dashboard (SWD) provides additional insights and granular details to ALL Users (including: Users, Managers, and Admins roles in FloQast). By visually displaying the current progress and bottlenecks, these additional insights will allow you to save time and understand what you actually need to work on.
Two Primary Types of Content
Progress Tab Timeline Tab
1. Progress Tab: Shows relevant summary metrics and status breakdowns of all sign-offs required for the period within the single workflow.
2. Timeline Tab: Shows all the Checklist, Reconciliations, and Review Notes quantities summarized in “cards” in the left data panel, as well as laid out by Due Date across a linear calendar timeline.
Note: The quantities laid out on the timeline are only the total numbers of checklist and reconciliation signoffs due on each day (does not include review notes in these daily quantities)
For a detailed breakdown of all the Single Workflow Dashboard's features, please consult the legends below:
- #1 - FloQast Status: Indicates how FloQast Users are pacing and where FloQast projects users to finish
- #2 - Signoffs By Status: A “signoff” is each task with a toggle in the FloQast Application. This tile shows the total quantity of signoffs required for the data set, broken out by three statuses: Complete, On Track, or Late
- #3 - Completion Progress: Shows how many Signoffs are complete, and out of how many signoffs are expected.
- #4 - Target/Projected Completion Dates: The “Target” Date is the latest due date in the data set. The “Projected” Completion Date is calculated based on how many signoffs are left as of the current moment, and the expected rate of daily signoffs, which tells FloQast how many more days it’ll take to complete all the remaining signoffs.
- #5 - Close Duration: (i.e., “8-day close”) This is computed by counting the working days it took to finish all the signoffs.
- #6 - Sign-Offs By Type: This tile breaks out the total quantity of signoffs required into four distinct breakouts by "Task Type" and "Item Type".
- #7 - Checklist Prepared: The % (and quantity) of how many Preparer signoffs have been completed on Checklist items
- #8 - Checklist Reviewed: The % (and quantity) of how many Reviewer signoffs have been completed on Checklist items
- #9 - Recs Prepared: The % (and quantity) of how many Preparer signoffs have been completed on Reconciliation items
- #10 - Recs Reviewed: The % (and quantity) of how many Reviewer signoffs have been completed on Reconciliation items
- #11 - Entities By Status: This tile breaks down how many entities are in each status.
- #12 - Timeline View Tab:
- #13 - Data Cards: Show all the Checklist, Reconciliations, and Review Notes quantities summarized in “cards” in the data panel.
- #14 - Sort by Groupings: Users may sort their signoff quantities by three different groupings: (1) by Entity, (2) by Folder, and (3) by Team Member.
- #15 - Daily Quantities: Each day where there is at least one item due, the timeline will populate a square with the total quantity of items that are due on that day (from the single period, in the single workflow). This quantity is the sum of all checklist and reconciliations items only, and does not include any items that are missing a due date.
- #16 - Color Codes: Each daily quantity is color-coded to denote a summary status of all items for that day. Below defines what each color represents:
- Green: all items that are due on this day are Complete
- Orange: One or more items due on this day are Late
- Blue: One or more items due on this day are Incomplete but nothing is Late
- #17 - Advanced Filtering: There’s a very robust Filter button/drawer that allows users to filter by Entity, Folder, User, Task Type, Item Type, and Tags.
Single Workflow Dashboard FAQs
“How do I see which entities and folders are closed/locked?”
- You can view which entities and folders are locked easily via the Timeline view. Select to view by Entities or Folders and the summary cards on the left will display when a folder/entity is locked or is available to be locked.
- When selecting to view a single entity, as opposed to ‘All Entities’, you will still be presented with a banner across the top of the screen with the option to lock all folders when all tasks are complete.
“How can I view and monitor the progress of individual team members?”
- In the new Single Dashboard Workflow, you can view the progress of individuals in either the ‘Progress’ tab or the ‘Timeline’ tab.
-In the Progress tab, you can utilize the filter feature in the top right to filter by a specific team member. All the metrics will be filtered for that one individual.
-In the Timeline tab, you can select to view by ‘Team Member’ and there will be a data panel card on the left for each team member.
“How can I access the details of LATE items directly from the Single Workflow Dashboard?”
- On the Progress tab, the orange ‘Late’ text links in the tiles are all clickable and take you directly to the late items on the checklists/recs pages. Additionally, the late quantities in the Timeline data panel cards are also clickable and take you to those specific late items.
“How can I view MY open/incomplete tasks specifically?
- With the Single Workflow Dashboard, you can still filter and view your own individual tasks as well as filter them by completion status. To do so, you’ll first set the filter in the top right to be ‘Assigned to me’. Next, switch to the Timeline tab and view by folder. From there, select the ‘status’ filter and have ‘On Track’ and ‘Late’ selected. This will display your open/incomplete tasks for the period.
“How can I see what tasks I have due coming up and their details?”
- You can navigate to the Timeline view of the Single Workflow Dashboard and filter by ‘assigned to me’. There, you can scroll through the days of the period to view how many items you have due and on what day. You can click into those indicator boxes to view details of the items due that day.
“The box for a certain day was orange, but when I clicked it, only a couple items were actually late. Why is this?”
- This is expected behavior. The color of a box on any given day is meant to represent a summary of the status of items for that day. It will only display as GREEN if ALL items are complete. It will display as BLUE while there are still incomplete tasks, but haven’t become late yet. It will display as ORANGE if even one task for the day is late and incomplete.
“It’s great being able to easily see how many things are complete or incomplete, but how do I differentiate between items I need to prepare vs. items I need to review?”
- There are a few ways to view what type of assignments you have on the Single Workflow Dashboard. First, you’ll want to filter by ‘assigned to me’ and via the Progress tab, you can see a breakdown of ‘Sign-offs by type’. There are 4 tiles: Checklist Prepared, Checklist Reviewed, Recs Prepared, Recs Reviewed. Clicking into any of these will take you to the exact tasks in those categories.
- Along with filtering by ‘assigned to me’, you can also select the filter for ‘assignee type’ to drill down just items you are assigned to prepare or review.