The 'Export All Data' button on the Close Analytics tab allows you to export your Close data with a single click! The exported data will provide actionable insights into team activities and productivity to help your leadership team truly hone your close process.
There are several new features available on the Close Analytics Export! A summary of the new Sheets and new Pivot Tables can be found below:
NEW: All Assignments sheet
This tab will list each and every assignment for all of your Items (checklist + reconciliations) in a given close. Each row in this list represents a single sign-off in FloQast. For example, a Reconciliation with two preparers and two reviewers will appear as four line-items on this sheet. The total number of rows here will be equal to the total sign-off quantities you see in Close Analytics within the FloQast UI.
NEW: Assignments Pivot
This new pivot table will pivot all of the data on the All Assignments tab detailed above. Every team member's progress for a given close will be broken down by status and business day.
Completed: This checklist or reconciliation is completed, and it was signed-off on time
Completed Late: This item is also completed, but it was signed-off after the due date
Late: This item has not been completed yet, and it is past the due date
On Track: This item has not been completed yet, but the due date has not passed yet
UPDATED: Consolidated Items → All Items
The Consolidated Items tab has been renamed to All Items. This sheet contains a raw export of all Checklists and Reconciliations from the close. Whereas the All Assignments tab will have one row for each sign-off, the All Items tab will have a single row for each checklist or reconciliation regardless of how many sign-offs are assigned to that item. Therefore the total number of rows should be the sum of your checklist + reconciliations for the given month. This data is pivoted on the Pivot tab later in the Export.
NEW: Additional Status Fields on the All Items tab
Some new status fields have been added to the All Items tab, and these are now included in the Pivot tab to help give better visibility into the due date of each item.
- Item Parent Status: This is a roll-up status of the more granular "Item Status" to bucket everything into one of three simple statuses:
- On Track
- Current Owner: This refers to the assignee with the next action item on a given item. This person has the next sign-off due.
- Current Deadline: This is the next due date in the assignee chain. This is not the overall/latest due date for an item, but instead is the due date that corresponds with the assignee currently named as the "Current Owner" referenced above.
- Item Due Date: This is the last due date in the assignee chain. This is considered the day/date that the item is supposed to be completed since it is the latest signoff date on this item.
- Item Completion Date: This is the calendar date that the last signoff was executed on for a given item, meaning the item was fully prepared and reviewed on this date and is considered done.
NEW: Items by Folder Pivot Table
Another pre-configured pivot table is available to help you visualize your items by process folder. This pivots the All Items tab mentioned above. The due date across the top will correspond to the last sign-off due for each item (i.e. the item's overall due date). Each folder can be expanded to see what items are Completed, On Track, or Late.
NEW: Close Trends Chart
The Close Trends chart will be included if you export your Analytics Data for a single entity. This is the same YTD Close Trends data that you can see in the FloQast UI, but now it is conveniently included in your export too.
UPDATED: Status Definitions → Glossary
The existing Status Definitions tab has been renamed to Glossary. Contained on this tab will be definitions to help you perfectly understand the Item Parent Status and the more granular Item Status fields:
The rest of the Export remains unchanged, meaning you can still expect all of the following great data:
- Sign-offs by Entity
- Sign-offs by Folder
- Sign-offs by Team Member
- A pre-created Pivot Table showing all Close activities by Team Member and Status
- A Full Export of Checklist Items (unfiltered)
- A Full Export of Reconciliations (unfiltered)
How do I export this data?
Navigate to the Analytics tab in FloQast and make the following selections:
- Choose whether you want to export All Entities or a single entity
- Choose between the Current Close period or Retrospective
- If Retrospective, choose the applicable fiscal period that you want to export
- Hit the 'Export All Data' button
What data will the tabs on the export include?
The first two tabs (three if exporting All Entities at once) will be raw exports of the Analytics tab in FloQast.
1. Sign-Offs by Entity: Only applicable if you export All Entities, this tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations across all Entities
2. Sign-offs by Folders tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations, this time broken down by your Process Folders:
3. Sign-Offs by Team Member tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations, this time broken down by the members of your team:
4. The Pivot Table tab will include a pre-created Pivot Table of the Current close showing all Close activities by Team Member and Status.
- The Pivot Table is built off of the 'All Items' tab, which means that your entire close (checklist and reconciliations alike) is accounted for. The business due dates, calendar due dates, assignees, status, tags, etc. will all flow into this Pivot Table.
- This allows for nearly endless possibilities, which means you can customize the Pivot fields to match the data you are most interested in. Some ideas include:
- Process folder due dates by calendar date (pictured)
- Team member due dates by calendar date
- Process folder by status to review team progress
- Review of #high_risk reconciliation status by department
5. The Checklist tab is similar to the export you can produce directly from the Checklist tab within FloQast.
6. The Reconciliations tab is similar to the export that you can produce directly from the Reconciliations tab in FloQast. This data is now conveniently included directly in this export alongside the aforementioned Checklist export, meaning you don't need to export them individually.
Q: Can I export more than one month of Analytics at a time?
A: The Analytics export is for a single month, so you may not export multiple months at once.
Q: Who on my team can export this data?
A: FloQast users that are assigned the Admin or Manager role can export this data since they have access to the FloQast Analytics tab.
Q: How will the export be impacted if I enabled filters within the Analytics UI?
A: On the Analytics page directly, you may optionally filter your view in several ways (Closed/On Track/Completed Entities; Checklist/Reconciliations/Both; All Folders/Selected Folders). These filters will be respected when you export your Analytics data. I.e. the export will include the applicable data that is displayed in the app per your filters.
Q: Can the Pivot Table be customized?
A: The Pivot Table will be exported with standard fields. However, you may absolutely customize the filters, columns, rows, and values however you wish once the export is in your hands. Get creative, and feel free to share your best use-cases with the FloQast Customer Success team!