A new button on the Close Analytics tab will allow you to export your Close data with a single click. The exported data will provide actionable insights into team activities and productivity to help your leadership team truly hone your close process.
This export will be in Excel format and will include several tabs, such as:
- Analytics by Folder, Team Member, and by Entity Dashboards (if All Entities exported)
- A Full Export of Checklist Items (unfiltered) and Reconciliations (unfiltered)
- A Combined list of ALL Checklist and Recs (unfiltered) in one worksheet (filterable by Tasks, Tags & Assignees)
- A pre-created Pivot Table showing all Close activities by Team Member and Status
How do I export this data?
Navigate to the Analytics tab in FloQast and make the following selections:
- Choose whether you want to export All Entities or a single entity
- Choose between the Current Close period or Retrospective
- If Retrospective, choose the applicable fiscal period that you want to export
- Hit the 'Export All Data' button!
What data will the tabs on the export include?
The first two tabs (three if exporting All Entities at once) will be raw exports of the Analytics tab in FloQast.
- Analytics by Entity: Only applicable if you export All Entities, this tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations across all Entities
- Analytics by Folders tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations, this time broken down by your Process Folders:
- Analytics by Team Members tab will show you the Complete, To Do, Total, and Status of your Checklist and Reconciliations, this time broken down by the members of your team:
The next three tabs will include raw data from the FloQast core application.
- The Checklist tab and Reconciliations tab will be similar to exports that you can produce directly from the Checklist or Reconciliations tab in FloQast. This data is now compiled into one export for you.
- Better yet, this data is combined into a master list on the Consolidated Items tab. This allows for maximum filtering capabilities, and introduces some new statuses for your items. These status definitions can be found on the final tab, and will also be included at the bottom of this article.
Perhaps the most exciting addition to the Analytics Export is the pre-built Pivot Table!
- This tab will include a pre-created Pivot Table of the Current close showing all Close activities by Team Member and Status
- The Pivot Table is built off of the newly created 'Consolidated Items' tab, which means that your entire close (checklist and reconciliations alike) are accounted for. The due dates, assignees, status, tags, etc. will all flow into this Pivot Table.
- This allows for nearly endless possibilities, which means you can customize the Pivot fields to match the data you are most interested in. Some ideas include:
- Team member due dates by business day (pictured below) to refine your close schedule by assessing capacity
- Process folder by status to review team progress
- Review of #high_risk reconciliation status by department
The Status Definitions page will be available for your reference. Here, the statuses will be defined. We have introduced several news ones so you can tell the difference between Completed and Completed late, for example.
- Incomplete: Not everyone has signed off yet, but nothing is or was late
- Ready for Review: All Preparers have signed off, not all Reviewers have, and nothing is or was late
- Late (Preparer): Not everyone has signed off yet, a Preparer is late, but no Reviewers are or were late
- Late (Reviewer): All Preparers have signed off on-time, but not all Reviewers have and at least one is late
- Late: Not everyone has signed off yet, and at least one Preparer and one Reviewer is or was late
- Complete (On Time): All Preparers and Reviewers signed off on time
- Complete (Prepared Late): Everyone has signed off, though at least one Preparer was late
- Complete (Reviewed Late): Everyone has signed off, though at least one Reviewer was late
- Complete (Late): Everyone has signed off, though both a Reviewer and a Preparer were late
- Out of Balance: A historical reconciliation record that was out of balance at a point in time
Q: Can I export more than one month of Analytics at a time?
A: The Analytics export is for a single month, so you may not export multiple months at once.
Q: Who on my team can export this data?
A: FloQast users that are assigned the Admin or Manager role can export this data.
Q: How will the export be impacted if I enabled filters within the Analytics UI?
A: On the Analytics page directly, you may optionally filter your view in several ways (Closed/On Track/Completed Entities; Checklist/Reconciliations/Both; All Folders/Selected Folders). These filters will be respected when you export your Analytics data. I.e. the export will include the applicable data that is displayed in the app per your filters.
Q: Can the Pivot Table be customized?
A: The Pivot Table will be exported with standard fields. However, you may customize the filters, columns, rows, and values however you wish once the export is in your hands. Get creative, and share your best use-cases with your FloQast contact!