Connect to OneDrive:
FloQast is built on top of Microsoft OneDrive to ensure Enterprise level security for your documents. FloQast and the OneDrive API only works with the Azure Active Directory. The FloQast folder will be in the ‘Shared with me’ section of your OneDrive account:
You will not be able to sync this folder to your desktop (Microsoft is working on this functionality). We recommend saving your documents through the OneDrive website or opening documents through FloQast with Office 365 (see documents section).
Work on Your Documents & Sync to FloQast:
The folder structure in FloQast will mirror the folders in OneDrive on your web application. Each new close period, this will be replicated and automatically created in OneDrive account. By centralizing the different pieces of your close, FloQast will help you save your supporting documentation the same way each month and guarantee it always ties to your General Ledger.
Supporting documents can be saved in FloQast each close period through OneDrive. You can open documents in OneDrive through the FloQast application by clicking on a link in the Documents section:
If the links are not working for you, please make sure pop-ups are not blocked.
This link will give you to option to edit the workbook in the browser. This will open up an Office 365 version of Excel and will give you the option to Edit in Browser:
Setting up OneDrive Desktop Sync with FloQast:
Once you have set up your FloQast account, the ‘FloQast’ folder will be created in OneDrive. The OneDrive admin will need to share the FloQast folder with the entire team. To do this, they will need to right-click on the FloQast folder and click “Share.”
Setting up OneDrive Sync:
1. To edit and update your files in OneDrive on your desktop, you will log in to OneDrive, and download the OneDrive app by selecting “Get the OneDrive apps” in the bottom of the screen.
2. Start the OneDrive application once the download is complete.
3. Login to the OneDrive desktop sync application using the same email address that is used for the shared FloQast folder.
4. Once the login to the desktop application is complete, go back to the OneDrive web application and click into the FloQast root folder. Once there, you can click to “sync” your FQ- company level folders to your OneDrive desktop application. You must click into the root folder to get the sync option.
5. Once the syncing begins, you’ll be prompted to select which folders to sync. It is advised that you’ll select all the FQ- company level folders you have access to as a user.
6. Once completed, you’ll see the FloQast folder as a synced OneDrive folder with the FQ-company name folders nested within. Please note, the shared sync icon and folder structure is separate from your personal/business OneDrive sync icons.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com